耆新焦點: News Focus on Elderly (Issue #3)
In Hong Kong, many elders are living in subdivided flats, which are usually with narrow space and terrible hygiene. Lice is a serious issue for them. Not only the hygiene problems and physical health problems, entangling with lice also affect their social confidence, thus leading to different mental health issues. To help relieving that matter, a volunteering depulization team was formed by the teachers and students from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
To know more about the volunteering depulization team, please refer to the attached full-text articles for details. There are also news regarding community design, elderly care services of Hong Kong, etc. Take a look and learn more from the articles we have included in this issue.
• 團體助享無蝨一周 獨腳翁辭世 [Source: 明報(20190925)]
• 研究指長者孤獨感嚴重猶如日吸15支煙 家訪陪診助促進長幼兩代關係 [Source: TOP!CK (20190919)]
• 現代老人社區設計理念 [Source: 信報(20190921)]
• 西班牙公園活化長者社交 新增器材及認知遊戲 [Source: NOWNEWS(20190925)]
• 安老服務不足 團體促增加津助院舍數量 [Source: 東方日報(20190926)]
• Elderly not always willing to press emergency pendant for fear of disturbing someone [Source: stuff(201909020)]
• Thanks to Student’s Hunch, Seniors With Dementia Are ‘Coming Alive’ Again With the ‘Magic’ of Virtual Reality [Source: Good News Network (20190923)]
• Older People Are Ignored and Distorted in Ageist Marketing, Report Finds [Source: The New York Times(201909023)]