耆新焦點: News Focus on Elderly (Issue #7)
On the Vidyarambham day of Kerala, elderly will help children to formally begin their study. However, something changed for this year. Some primary school students took over the role of teachers and taught the elderly about computer, Hindi and English. The students will visit 100 elderly residents and had a class with them during their holidays. What they have brought to the elderly are not only knowledges, but also joy and energy.
To know more about the services initiated by the students for the elderly, please refer to the attached full-text articles for details. There are also news regarding healthcare and social isolation of elderly, gerontechnology, etc. Take a look and learn more from the articles.
• Students of Kerala govt school turn teachers, take classes for elderly in village [Source: The NEWS minutes (20191023)]
• Aged-care sector struggling to keep up with rise in obese elderly, new research finds [Source: stuff (20191022)]
• Autonomous robots bridge elderly healthcare gap [Source: HealthcareITNews(20191023)]
• 長者出租房間當副業 解孤獨一舉兩得 [Source: 世界日報(20191019)]
• 銀髮族照護 機器人上前線 [Source: 經濟日報(20191019)]
• 雙老變獨居 粵曲作伴 病痛纏身 黃伯：見步行步 [Source: 香港01 (20191020)]
• 職能治療師到宅服務長者 彌補來不及救人遺憾 [Source: 自由時報 (20191021)]
• 「社區」與孤立分隔的「住戶」 [Source: am730(20191024)]
*** All students registered for the Service-Learning projects under the Jockey Club “We Care, We Serve & We Learn @ Tuen Mun” Programme will be receiving an issue of “News Focus on Elderly” on a weekly basis (10 issues to be distributed from September to November 2019).